4/02/2015

Easy & fast way of cooking



I know the deal - you're busy with work, school, gym & hobbies, life basically. The last thing you want to do is to spend hours in the kitchen trying to stay healthy and eat tasty food. Well, guess what - there's an easy and quick way to prepare your meal. I've recently started to cook two items at the same time: rice or favorite kind of groats in a pot, and veggies above them. You can call it lazy, I call it time efficient ;) I'd also like to share my recent discovery: the steamed kale. Man, that's tasty!


Steamed kale 


Ingredients (1 serving)

  • two handfuls of chopped kale
  • 1/2 cup of chickpeas (I used canned chickpeas)
  • red pepper and / or champignons
  • barley or buckwheat (or your preferred groats)
  • favorite spices

Add barley in the boiling water and place strainer over it - fill it with kale, sliced mushrooms and cubed pepper. Cover the strainer with a cover plate and steam until the barley is ready.

Once everything is cooked, add barely on the plate. Mix veggies and chickpeas, put in on the plate and sprinkle with your favorite spices. In my case it's usually apple cider vinegar, dried onion, red pepper, chilli and oregano.
I higly reccomend you to try it out with other veggies, such as zuccini, carrot, onion and a home made sauce based on yogurt. 




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jarmuż na patelni teflonowej i chrupiące liście ,omonomomon :D

FitHealthyLife said...

Nie jadłam tej potrawy :)
Pozdrawiam,
Fit-healthylife.blogspot.com